Friday, March 25, 2011

Out of Africa :)

My sister came to "visit" me during my spring break, and I say "visit" because she was actually here for a work training that we took advantage of by making her trip a little longer!
She arrived late afternoon Friday, March 11 and the party began right away! 
We made our way to Oregano's for dinner and we enjoyed every bite! 
Of course, she was really tired so we all went to bed kind of early knowing we had adventures to pursue over the weekend. 
Early Saturday morning we headed to "Out of Africa" and went on a Safari! 
I was amazed by all the amazing animals we got to see and I felt like a little kid because I had so much fun!
I got to feed a giraffe and see zebras walk right next to me!
I didn't get too close to the lions and tigers though!
We also saw hyenas, bears, birds, snakes (yuck, i walked away), pumas, emus, lots of different types of elk (Austin's favorite), a beautiful white tiger and much, much more!
It was a beautiful day and luckily the park wasn't so busy so we were able to walk around and see the animals and take lots of pictures without too many people around!
It was definitely exciting! We hope to go back again :)

Yayyy!

Giraffe up in my face!

It wrapped its rough tongue around my hand! 

Black with white stripes?

mr & mrs garrard (almost)

huuuuuge.... he can jump 8 feet! whaaaa?

:)

white tigers are my favorite

so cute!

but terrifying at the same time!

emuuuuuuu

sistahs! :)

lioness 

king of the jungle

looking at this picture makes me yawn...every time!

cute grizzly bear

they are so beautiful up close

laughing at the hyenas

they seriously laugh.... its hillarious!

boom boom the rhino!

i love the giraffe in the background
i love my big sis!

I can't wait to marry my best friend :)


1 comment:

  1. beli this is great! you look so wonderful! i miss you, dear.
    much love,
    lily

    ReplyDelete