Sunday, March 27, 2011

Grand Canyon

I have lived in Arizona for 3 1/2 years and I had never seen the Grand Canyon
craaazy, I know!
So while my sister was here I decided that it was time to make the 4 hour drive up.
We got up at 4am Saturday morning and headed out.
Austin drove the whole way and didn't let me or Alma touch the steering wheel, I don't know whether to be grateful or offended but either way it was easier on us.
I slept most of the way and Alma sat in the back entertaining Zuke
We stopped in Flagstaff around 7am to eat a yummy breakfast!
We continued on the road for another 1 1/2 hours before we made it up to the actual National Park
It was a lot colder than I expected and there were a lot of people but it was fun
Zuke definitely enjoyed it and he was worn out!
The Canyon itself almost looked fake and it was so immense that it was actually hard to really comprehend it completely. It was beautiful.
I loved just looking out into the horizon and seeing all the different colors and how beautiful it all came together. It was breathtaking. 
Here are some pictures :) 
Austie & Beli

Representing NH at the Canyon 

Alma :)

mesmerizing 

I love all the colors captured in this picture

there was even a little bit of snow in the canyon

pensive

:)

Garrard Family 

I love my sistah 

seriously, stunning.

I can't figure out what I like looking at better ha

sistah sistah and zukey

we are totally related

close up....

can you see me?
I am at the very top right hand corner sitting down....
makes you feel so small huh?

cutest.ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment