Tuesday, August 2, 2011

"She's the brightest thing I've got, when I'm covered in rain, rain, rain"

I love my husband.
I love weekends at the cabin.
I love rain. 

We made kind of a last minute decision to head to the cabin this weekend 
and spend some quality time together. 
Austin and his dad bought little Enduro bikes and headed over the mountains and through the woods.
They left at about 6pm and didn't make it to the cabin until 11:15 pm.
I left in my little civic with Zuke at 8:45 pm and pulled in at the cabin 11:15pm.
They clearly took the long route. (Intentionally) 
We spent the weekend riding the Enduros all over the place.
The weather was perfect.
Then it rained. 
Rain on a bike going 45 mph on a dirt road = stinging  on your face. (ouch)
The thunder and lightning were incredible. 
So exciting. 

We also played some games...

I built a pyramid 
Then it fell
Then, I built it again.

Love playing in the rain with Zuke.

A lot of playing :)


The rain was so fun!


Fixing a broken water thing (well, the boys did it, i watched)
(Yes he is upside down in a hole) 
We watched movies, of course.
Ate, a lot. (no pics, I was too busy stuffing my face)
And rode around some more

Love the view
Zuke and I headed back in the car  Sunday morning and the boys rode their bikes home.

Zuke 5 mins into the drive.
Zuke 10 minutes into the drive.
Zuke mad at me for taking his picture.

It was a relaxing weekend.
A much needed one.




2 comments:

  1. You have way too much fun. And Zuke needs a real live baby to watch over.....right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're just way too cute...even when you're sad. Austin did good. Luv you both, Aunt Carol

    ReplyDelete