Sunday, May 15, 2011

One Month of Wedded Bliss

You learn a lot in one month of being married to someone.
1. I love Austin more and more each day.
2. We need a bigger house.
3. Austin snores, and I talk/laugh in my sleep.
4. I don't like it when the cupboards are left open.
5. Getting kissed every morning when you wake up is the best feeling.
6. Having someone to come home to is also amazing.
7. Grocery shopping is quite the task.
8. I made a "bill binder", with monthly calendars and all.
9. I love to cook.
10. Everyday is date night :)
11. I have to do laundry more often.
12. Sacrificing closet space was not the funnest part.
13. Being silly together in your home is a blast!
14. I love to snuggle alllll night.
15. I love being called "wifey"
16. I never noticed what a big mess I leave in the bathroom every morning.
17. Austin is very organized.
18. We are not ready for a baby. Yet.
19. I am a terrible singer, but Austin lets me sign anyway.
20. I take up about 80%  of the bed.

Being married has been so fun so far. We are slowly but surely learning how to make things work for us. We both are very independent and stubborn people so making decisions can be kind of hard sometimes. I am not very good at opening up and letting him know why I feel certain ways sometimes, but he is also not a good guesser. They say the first year of marriage it's the hardest and so far I haven't felt that and I hope I never will.
Each new day brings a new adventure for us and each new adventure teaches us something new. We are two people who became one unit and we are learning to unify our lives. 
Austin is my family. My everything.
He is the reason for my happiness and I have never been happier in my life.
Happy One Month to the LOVE OF MY LIFE,
My best friend and my soulmate.
To an ETERNITY of happiness and trials, may we always come out in triumph together, for better or for worse.
I love you Austin Garrard.


"A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person."  ~Mignon McLaughlin

1 comment:

  1. Kissy kissy.......so happy for you two. I always feel that Gary is the peacemaker in the family. What would I do without him??? Although Gary is totally not an organizer and I don't have a dog, the laundry is still there...although I can't complain. I went from washing and folding for 8 down to 2.

    ReplyDelete