Friday, May 20, 2011

Rewind... to Mother's Day


Ok, I know I am going all over the place with my posts but I forgot to write about Mother's Day. 
I am not a mom (yet), 
but I am surrounded by wonderful moms that have been nothing short of inspirations to me.
Because I live a whopping 2,656 miles from my mom I have a hard time on Mother's day.
This year I splurged on her and decided to get her a nice purse.
I love my mom and she deserves that... and the world :)

I wish I could've been home to open it with her.
Instead, we skyped and her reaction was priceless.
I have the best mommy in the world.
I love you forever, mom.


So on Mother's day in Arizona, our day was a little hectic.
Our day began promptly at 4am... haha not on purpose.
I woke up randomly (my insomniac husband was already awake),
and we stayed up.
We made a small breakfast, watched a movie and relaxed until 7am when we began getting ready for our day.
Our first stop was Gramcracker's ward at 8am. 
She was so thrilled to have her family surprise her and visit that she was almost in tears.
Gramcracker is so sweet and I know she is a great mom and grandma who I love!

Next we headed to Grandma Garrard's ward at 9am! (across town!)
We made it on time and G-ma was also so excited and happy to see us.
After her ward ended we headed back to her house where Debbie made her world famous Crepes! 
They are seriously to dieee for! 
I would've taken a picture but I was too busy stuffing my face.
(This is an old pic of me and G-ma Garrard, but I love her just the same!)

We then headed back home where we prepared for our next stop.
We then headed over to Lori's house for another meal (we love to eat),
and Skyping with Brady!!
That was sooo fun and technology sure has come a long way.
It was so nice to see his smiling face and we just had a blast chatting with him for a while.

Our evening ended with our own little celebration back at our home.
Austin made me the sweetest card ever (see below) and I was spoiled.
I got the ICE CREAM Attachment for my KitchenAid that I have been dying for!
It was a good day.
I can't wait to be a real mommy! 

( no, I am NOT pregnant... nor are we working on a baby yet... yet is the key word, i will keep everyone posted)
Austin said that the little drawing remind him of me... I better be that cute! haha.

homemade ice cream = delicious :)






1 comment:

  1. Awwww, gma's are the best! Mom's too. Looks like you really made the day special for many.

    ReplyDelete